Friday, February 11, 2005

Re-Greeting Your Grits

Well, the vomiting virus continues to plague our fair city! If there is any comfort in being ill, it is knowing that you are not the only one going through it! See my friend Jennifer's blog for further details! That is the funniest posting I have seen in a long time, but I feel sorry for her sweet little one that is suffering right now! Luckily, the little ones seem to heal quickly, and they are back to playing before you know it. Wish we were that able to bounce back!

I had to miss the boys' ballgame tonight in Chattanooga. I just could not summon enough strength today to get up and do anything, much less trot across the state for a basketball game. The house is getting to "disaster proportions" again. The children hate that term for some reason. They also hate it when I refer to garbage as garbage', using the French pronunciation. Why, I do not know. I just hear them mumbling to one another that they had better pick up a little because Mom is talking about garbage' again and "disaster proportions."

Those of us who do not have hurting bellies have stopped up heads and chests and are coughing. Daniel sounds like he has the croup. I know he is just trying to get through next weekend, and after that, he can relax a little. So far, Tim has managed to avoid both kinds of flu, knock on wood, but his leg is still swelling on him. We are a pitiful crew!

According to the boys, they had a nerve-racking game tonight. It was the other team's Homecoming, and it was held at a YMCA. Apparently, the refs thought that they would do the opposing team the favor of helping them towards winning their Homecoming game. It got very physical again, and the boys said that the refs were not calling some very blatant fouls. One of our team members may have broken his arm. We are waiting to hear on that. The coach thought that Daniel was having trouble hanging onto passes until Daniel told him that they were illegally pushing, and to just watch the next few plays. Surely enough, the coach saw what they were doing and protested---and ended up getting a technical for telling the ref what he was supposed to be seeing. Still, despite a tough game, we pulled out the win, and now we only have one game before State.

There's not too much to report here. We have to work hard on the house tomorrow and try to get those "disaster proportions" reduced a little. I want to make it out to church Sunday if at all possible, and I am just praying that I don't catch anything else for a while. I am with everyone who says that if we are not going to get a good snow that we might as well fast-forward to Spring and get on with it. I saw on a news page today that I believe it is NASA that is saying 2005 may be the warmest year on record. I can hardly wait! (NOT!)

Well, the bambinos are crying to go to bed. Better move it that way! Everyone have a Happy!

No comments: