Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Many Faces of Hannah

pregnantwithHannah

Boy, I am glad that it is not this time 2 years ago! One look at the pictures will reveal why!

pregnantwithHannah2


I was one miserable gal with 8lb. 8 oz. of Hannah inside me. But she arrived on October the 27th, and I was just happy we did not have to have her on Halloween. (That is when the Dr. wanted to do the c-section, but I went into labor first.) That was one holiday on which I would rather she had not been born. She arrived by c-section, a ruddy little girl with plenty of fat on her. She took all day to get into the world, and she was greeted with much anticipation by her parents, grandparents and siblings. In this picture, her grandparents show Sarah the new baby through the window.

grandparentsfirstlook

firstlookHannah

newbabyhannah

Her father and I were elated that all was well with her!

newdad

dadskiss

Trouble was, all was not well with me. Something went wrong, and I was back into surgery in five days. Still, my little "pumpkin" thrived. She had a wonderful nurse who fell in love with her and even went out and bought her her own "blankie" so she would be comforted when her mommy could not be there.

mypumpkin

alittletalk

firstholding

otherlittlekicker

I made her a little shirt similar to the one her sister had when she was born. Hannah's said, "Daddy's Other Little Kicker".

She was just a beautiful baby, and she was very good for the two weeks we were in the hospital. I never was so happy to get out of a place and get home, though.

HannahsDr

hannahbirthcolor
This was her "birth photo" we sent out. She was wrapped in my baby blanket from 40 years previous.

hannahxmassad

Hannah grew steadily, and before we knew it, it was her first Christmas. She did not like this photo session under our tree very much.

hannahxmas03

But by this photo, she was peaceful again! That's the way my Hannah is.

daddyhannahsleep

Hannah is a Daddy's girl, for sure. I think they bonded especially close since I was out of commission for so long after the birth. She loves Sam, too, and sometimes I think she thinks that HE is her mommy!

sh1

Sarah and Hannah are the best of friends, and for that, I am so grateful. I think they will always be very close to one another.

tickled

Hannah can be a hand full! Just yesterday, she managed to trap herself in the bathroom by pulling out the bottom drawer next tot he door, and it took the whole family half an hour to extricate her! Then, she promptly went into the kitchen, pulled a bowl down off the counter and broke it into a jillion pieces. She keeps us hopping all the time. That is how she got the name "Hannah Bee." She is always busy as a bee!

HannahBee

Hannah definitely has many faces. She is a very expressive baby!

hannahmad

hannahhappy

DSC00137

I think what I love most about her are her huge brown eyes! They can stare a hole through you, or they can ooze with love and laughter!
So today, my little "Bee," Happy Birthday from your adoring family! You have enriched our lives and we have been so blessed by you. May the good Lord see fit to give you many wonderful years on this earth so that you can continue to bless the lives of others!

No comments: