Friday, November 04, 2005

The Case of the Disappearing Blogger

Well, things in Gravyville have been wild and happening for a couple of weeks now, and I am good and ready to be snowed in by about 10 feet of snow, where no one can come or go for a few days, at least! I love the social stuff, as I am a social creature, but there's a part of me that would love nothing more than some quiet time with a good book, a good cup of coffee, and little to no kid noise.

I've been cleaning pencil marks and pen drawings off of walls this morning. My 5 year old artistically drew her name on the bathroom wall. I thought we were past that with her. I still have to get the orange crayon off the walls of the stairwell where Hannah drew her own work of art. I am a good mind to just put a frame over them and leave them until they quit doing this stuff. It won't do a bit of good to clean it off. They will just replace it shortly with a new work of art.

Let's see....what have we been up to since I last updated? Well, a couple of Saturdays ago, we were invited out to Cole's house (boy friend of Sarah) for a Halloween/birthday party and cookout. Here are a couple of photos from that festive event!

DSC00030
Cole is the one on the right, who dressed as Harry Potter.

DSC00029
Here are the kids waiting for the costume judging. Notice Sarah is about to hold hands with Timothy, checking to see if Cole is looking.

DSC00036
Sarah thinks the haunted house was a hoot!

Hopefully, I will have all the pics posted on Sarah's blog later today.

Then, this last Sat. night, we went out to the farm of our dear elder, brother Alvin, whom I have told you so much about. We had a cookout, hay ride, and surprise birthday party for brother Alvin! I especially loved the hay ride right through his pastures, acres and acres of farm land. We drove right through herds of cows, which was a little unnerving, but we finally got back to the house safe and sound.

Our elder's wife, Miss Shelby, coerced us to sing our now infamous version of "The Peanut Butter Ballad." Then, if that was not embarrassing enough, she made us sing more, but we got everyone else to join in, so it was not so bad! Everybody wanted to know where our little family got started singing together. We have had many long car trips in the past, and we continue to spend a lot of time on the road driving to and from worship services in neighboring towns, so we sing a lot then. My extended family---Mom, Dad, brothers and wives all sing well, and we sing a lot together. It is one of the "little pieces of heaven" for me in this life.

DSC00121
Brother Alvin opens his commentaries from the group

DSC00118
Brother Alvin's birthday cake....

Miss Tina, another member of our church who has been battling breast cancer, was there, and she is doing well after chemo and radiation. She is such an inspiration to all of us! How she manages to stay so positive, I do not know, but she surely encourages me each time I see her!

DSC00109
Miss Tina has overcome her breast cancer and is growing her hair back in after chemo.

I was going to tell about Hannah's birthday and Halloween in this post, but my computer is wigging out, so I am going to stop and save at this point.....

No comments: