Sunday, June 26, 2005

Under the (Beautiful) Weather

Well, unfortunately, I have been feeling pukey again the last few days, which is a shame, because the weather this month has been superb in Tennessee. It has been cooler and dryer than usual, and I have been grateful for any relief from the humidity that we usually get.

I ended up at the E.R. on Friday night with abdominal pain. The Dr. was concerned that I might have another obstruction, so they kept me for a few hours testing out various theories. Sometime around 2 a.m., they said I could go. The i.v. fluids had perked me up some, but the pain was still there. They are just chalking it up to a virus. I don't even want to hear that word again this year.

I realized today that it has been almost a week since I updated last. I have to do better! The kiddos are keeping me hopping, and I haven't felt really well this week, so I guess maybe things will get better this coming week and I can catch up.

Thanks, K8, for telling us about the new photo tool. I am going to try it out!

Well, let's see....what has happened since the last big post....We had a lovely weekend in Lawrenceburg last weekend. It kind of spilled over into the week. We were unaware until Saturday that they were going to be having special services on Sunday where my brother preaches. They had an old-fashioned gospel singing at 3 and preaching at 4. Then, we were going to go on to our usual Sunday night services where we attend at 6, but I got sick during the p.m. preaching service. I'm not sure if I am having some pancreatic problems or not, but it is hurting in that area. It can't be my gall bladder because I don't have one anymore, so I am scratching my head wondering what is going on.

Anyway, we had a good time over Sunday and Monday celebrating Father's Day and Sam's birthday between services. My brother preaches at this little country church way out in the sticks, but it is just the neatest church. They are way out there in the country away from all the city influences, and what they have is just pure Christianity. The singing in that little building is heavenly. It just reverberates off the walls and ceiling, and it makes the harmonies beautiful. Plus, when you have your dad (who sounds like Pavarotti) and your mother (who sounds like Julie Andrews/Karen Carpenter) beside you, along with all the others in our family who sing well, it is just wonderful! Each man got up and led a song if he wanted to during the singing part, and we counted 7 of our "Edwards" men who led! Music has always been an important part of our lives, and I am glad to see the tradition continue in my boys.



Dad, a.k.a. "Pappy"




Mom, a.k.a. "Meme" with some of the grandchillin's








The boys got to enjoy some pool time at the parents' hacienda at the first of the week, too. However, the nights have been getting so cool that it makes it kind of painful getting into the icy water each and every time. I think they are ready for some good old hot weather so that the water will warm up.

I thought I would add some posts to my blog of some neat thoughts that I occasionally get in email. If nothing else, I will have a record of some of these things the next time my computer crashes. I always lose all my email, and then I can't find the good prose and poetry that I am searching for when I need it. So bear with me as I find and post some of my favorites. Hope you will like them as much as I do.

Hope you all have a glorious week, and those of you that are praying folks, please pray for my recovery so that I can effectively chase these 5 children around!

No comments: