Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Time Keeps on Slippin' (Slippin', Slippin') Into the Future.....

Sorry, but I was overcome for a brief moment with a musical flashback from my teen years when music was really music and not noise. June is getting away from me. Just a couple more days, and we will embark upon the second half of the year. I can hardly wait for all the Christmas in July sales to begin, as they now last clear to December. I think at the local Walgreens, they have just given up on trying to stock seasonal merchandise, and now they just have a row for each holiday. You want Valentine's Day candy??? Aisle 6!!! Halloween decor? Aisle 13!

O.k., well, maybe it is not quite that bad yet, but it is getting there quickly, it seems. Meanwhile, the clock of my life seems to be running like an out of control windup alarm clock with the hands spinning in a complete 12 hour circuit every 20 minutes or so. I commented once in a blog that I really think the time-space continuum has changed somehow since the days of my youth, but I have so far been unable to prove it. (Look here, though, and you will see what I mean....)

Happy Birthday wishes go out today to our New Jersey Dad, Father-in-law, and Grandpa Bill! Wish we could be there with you, Bill, and play a few hands of Spades, and eat a little lowfat cake! Hopefully, we can find time to be together before too long, if your son will stop working so hard!

I am already planning ahead for a hectic July. Daniel has two schools to go to, if we get all the details worked out, as he begins his life's journey towards finding a career that suits him. He is still tossing around the idea of some college classes this fall, but that is not definite yet. First, we have to get him licensed as a driver so that he can get where he needs to go. He's looking at all his options. I am glad I am not his age again. It is a tough age to be.

Meanwhile, I also need to get my tookus in gear and start planning home schooling for the three next oldest kids for the fall. (Yes, Jen, if you are still reading, it is looking more and more like a reality.) But I am going to have to hustle to get all the paperwork done and curriculums purchased by the time we need to start.

Another kink in the plans surfaced today as well. I went to the Gynie for my yearly check (don't ya just love those?) and it looks like I am going to get yet one more minor surgical procedure before too long. Remember my "womb with a view?" Well, it is working overtime, and I am tired of it, so we are going to try a relatively new little procedure called Endometrial Ablation. It has been around a few years, but it is not used on just everyone. There is a beautiful website done by someone here, and if you want to know more about the procedure, this is a great site (and a very peaceful one) to visit. I'm singing the "OBG Why Me Blues" tonight, but hopefully all will be easily dealt with and I can get back to chasing my little Bee who turned 20 months old yesterday! Yep, that time's a flyin'!

I've got my eyes on a nice long weekend, filled with family, fun and lots of time in the parents' pool. My Hubby and I will celebrate our 7th Anniversary as the Country celebrates her 229th. It is going to be great to not even have to get out of the water to see the fireworks a couple of blocks away! Meanwhile, hopefully, I can coerce my dad to try out his new grill and make us up some yummy burgers and hotdogs to munch on. It seems like it was just a short time ago that I was a teen celebrating the 200th anniversary of America!

Mama's, hug those babies tight, because they don't stay little long.

Meanwhile, this song is stuck in my head....
Feed the babies
Who don't have enough to eat
Shoe the children
With no shoes on their feet
House the people
Livin' in the street
Oh, oh, there's a solution

want to fly like an eagle
To the sea
Fly like an eagle
Let my spirit carry me
I want to fly like an eagle
Till I'm free
Fly through the revolution

Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin' Into the future
Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'
Into the future

(Steve Miller Band)

No comments: