Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Must...have...more...space....

Well, my computer is sputtering, telling me in its weak voice that the hard drive is 99.9% full and I cannot do another thing on it until my dear husband puts in another drive. But you all know the saying...."the woodcutter's wife never has any wood...." My dear hard drive installer is always soooooooo busy, so I am just waiting for him to have the time to do it! Meanwhile, the kitchen faucet decided to die tonight, the washer is being held together by duct tape--my husband's other soulmate, hehehe--and the SUV has a leak in the heater coil. When it rains, it pours. And that reminds me, we have had tornadoes all over the state tonight, but everyone is safe, as far as I know.

However, the good news is that we still have water in the house, the washer is running, even though it needs a bolt in the case, and the SUV is drivable. I am blessed, I am blessed, I am blessed! We are all alive and well, and that is really a wonder, considering what my son drove to Lexington this last weekend. I teased him that Heaven surely must have been busy deploying the legions of guardian angels to surround that old bomb and get him up there and back safely. He got back by the skin of his teeth, and I don't know if the old car will hold up to many more road trips.

I am sad to report that my dear cousin (by marriage) Bill is dying. I got to spend a little time with him Sunday evening after church. I talked my way into the Cardiac Care Intensive Care Unit and spend a little time with him. His heart and liver are gone, and it is just a matter of time now. I have worshipped with Bill the last year or so now. It is a really difficult time for his family right now. I was happy to get to see his face one more time. He was always so sweet to me. Life has been cruel for him the past several years, and I think he just gave up here at the end. I wish he would have let some of us who loved him into his life near the end. I think he believed that no one loved him any more. What a sad place to be.

Well, I will be back with more when I can get my computer issues resolved. I know you can all feel my pain. One day, we will hopefully have a computer that is less prone to crash. Until next time....

No comments: