Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Clear Sailing....????

Well, I can see blue sky again! That is always a good thing. But I am not talking about the weather, here, although the weather has been pretty great lately. I have enjoyed the mild days, because it seems like here in Tennessee we have been doing this thing of going from one extreme to the other for years now with not a lot of middle ground. I can remember when we used to have four seasons here. For the longest, it seems to me that it has been more like two seasons yearly---hot and cold. Last spring, as I recall, we did not have a lot of time between winter and when the summer hit with a vengeance. And when it gets hot here, it is pretty miserable. Then, fall would come, and I would think, "Ahhh, here come some nice cool nights that I can go to some local football game and drink hot chocolate and watch the game..." But NOOOOOOOO! It would turn soooooo cold so fast that I could not stand to sit out in the extreme temperatures. There was just no pleasure in it.

So I am rather enjoying the warm days and kind of cool nights. Sometimes it gets so cool in the house that we still have to turn on the heat for a few minutes to break the chill. I just hope we have a little more of this before it turns, hot, hot, hot.

We had a pretty pleasant weekend. Saturday was the first day that we have not had somewhere to be in a while, so we spent the day cleaning the "junk room." It is that one room in the house where everything gets stowed. We got it lots better, but now the rest is suffering because we did not devote the weekend to it.

Sundays, we never get much more done than get to church two services---morning and evening. Mom and Dad and some of my other relatives took off for Florida, so since we usually spend the day with them on Sun. afternoon, we had nothing to do except come back home and grab a quick nap before turning around and making the hour drive again for evening services. I like Sunday evening services a lot, because it seems like the preacher knows that the real faithful folks will come back on Sunday night and he preaches on topics that are a little deeper than he does on Sunday mornings, in my opinion. I guess you would call the Sunday evening sermons "Apologetics" a lot of times---or why we believe what we believe. I am one of the few folks left in the whole wide world, I think, that believes that we can actually understand the Bible and do what it says the way it says to do. Most of my aquaintances don't think we can understand the Bible---that it is some big mystery. I don't think it is always easy to understand everything, but if you keep digging and working on it, the puzzle pieces start falling into place.

Well, in other news, my big 18 year old baby is winding down with his schoolwork, ahead of his brothers who are jealous because they have about 2 more weeks. One of the things they do at this school is a lot of rewards for good behavior, and they are going to East Tennessee this Friday to see Rock City (remember all the barns with "See Rock City" on them? and some other local attractions. My senior has a lot of preparation to do for his own graduation---we have to make a senior board for him, among other things. It is a display of all his accomplishments over the last 12 years. He has been asked to sing for kindergarten graduation over there, so I jokingly told him that he needs to use that as leverege to get some things he has been asking for for a long time, such as a tape from last year's graduation where he and another boy sang. We are also vying for a tape of that now infamous night that Red Bull met Mr. Shaq. For all those of you who joined the reading of my blog a little late, go to that link, go down a little and read that story. It was a great night. I am going to find a way to get a tape! I am determined!

Well, the Bee is ready to be fed yet again, so I must buzz on off and do that. Then, it is clean, clean, clean! My friend Jennifer knows my pain! Have a day full of sunshine and blue skies!

No comments: