Thursday, February 15, 2007

Since Winter Has Abandoned Us, C'Mon Spring!



I love this picture! It looks like my kids, except they are on the inside of the window, plastered against it, wondering when we can get out again!

We've all felt awful, except for Sam and Micah who have managed once again to escape the viruses with their good immune systems. The rest of us are coughing, blowing, and aching. I'm ready for spring, if winter is not going to do us any service around here. Being cold is very unpleasant, but I also don't look forward to the predicted record-breaking heat that will be here in the summer.

Like everyone else, we amuse ourselves with American Idol--on our one t.v. station that comes in on the bunny ears, besides PBS. We are glad to be able to see Idol, except when we are at church, and we are going to have to figure out how to tape it via the antenna.

Micah helped me locate some neat clips that show my favorites this year so far.
One of everyoneƂ’s favorites already, Chris Sligh (has some Nashville roots) is looking to be an interesting part of the 2007 show. And yes, he is for real with the hair! I expect any moment for him to reach up and pull off that hair and those horrible glasses and be a fairly good-looking fellow underneath. We will see if he gets a makeover or not. Here, you can see him with his garage band, and they are good! I did not get to see the show where he made it into the final cut, but here is a clip of his great performance that got him through.

Another favorite so far is Melinda Doolittle, from my old hometown of Brentwood, TN. She is such a sweet lady, and I hope she will do well. Here is her original audition.
I am still trying to figure out which superstar she sounds like...Aretha Franklin, Gladys Knight, Dionne Warwick??? I can't discern it yet, but I know she is good, because she gives me goose pimples. I can see her going all the way, but then I thought that last year about Mandisa!

And finally, you have to hear this little 11-year-old girl that auditioned on another version of Idol. She sounds like she is decades older than 11! And speaking of child prodigies, if you have not seen the 12-year-old in this video you have missed seeing the next DaVinci/Beethoven!

O.K., that's enough videos for one post! Lots of neat stuff, though. Take the time to view them!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm ready for Spring myself...have had enough of this cold icky nothing! Time for some nice weather!!
Hope you all get better soon *honks nose loudly* :)

k8 said...

love the chubby birdies. we want spring too. we have a few sprigs of daffodils showing so we're hopeful!