Wednesday, February 28, 2007

It's That Time of Year Again!



I came home tonight after church and checked the Weather Channel online to see what is happening with the weather. Some folks on a local blog are all excited because it looks like Middle Tennessee will see some bad weather tomorrow, unless this front falls apart.

I hate storms and I love them. They are just the best for sleeping to, if you know that you are not going to blow away while you sleep. It is not much fun to huddle with trembling children in our little hallway of choice, sometimes moving to the bathtub if the walls begin shaking.

Last year was not too bad, if I remember correctly. We did not have that many scary storms. This is the second of this year already. I thought it was going to be bad enough tomorrow that I moved some appointments with doctors back a couple of weeks. The only thing worse than being in the hall with scared kids is trying to keep the car between the paint while little girls shriek from the back seat, "We are all going to die!"

According to the posts tonight, tornadoes were on the ground south of Kansas City. I have a friend out there and a few family members on my husband's side. We will have to say some prayers for them and for the Arkansas people tonight. They can return the favor for us tomorrow.

This weekend will be filled with reunions. Dan wants to see his true love over Spring Break from college, so I guess we will go with him to see her. Micah turns 13 on Saturday and Sarah turns 7 on Wednesday! Mother-in-law Ginny also has a birthday that same day (Wed.), as does my dear old Uncle Doug. It is a busy week with the birthday preps! I guess we will celebrate the kids' birthdays with Jennifer and Daniel while we can all be together. Next week, we will play catch up and celebrate my dad's birthday, which happens on the 5th! Whew!

In other "news,"I am getting ready to teach a 4-month class for the young girls at church! This is always something I have wanted to do (teach this age group.) I am really excited about it! I will have some help, as 3 other ladies are going to co-teach with me. We get to cover all those lovely teen topics like dating, drinking, peer pressure, etc. We met Tuesday and got a rough outline of the 16 weeks put together. I think I will learn a lot from these ladies, too. They are a quality group--smart as whips! Three of us are younger, and one is older. She (the older lady) will have her hands full guiding all of us into the study of some tough subjects. We have a fellow in the congregation who is a world-class artist, and he is going to make some visual aids for us to go along with the theme of the class, which is taken from II Peter 1:5-9. Hopefully, we can accomplish our objectives as teachers, and the girls will take away something good from the class.

Well, that is my wondrously exciting update for now. I think I am going to play a little internet Scrabble and go to bed! I have a lot to pack and to wrap tomorrow, if the good Lord wills! Night, my dear ones!

No comments: