Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wednesday's Notes



A Very Necessary Element...Fe = Iron!


So I had been really tired lately, and since I am insulin-resistant, I figured that my blood sugar was acting up again. However, every time I take a reading, it is pretty normal. Next, I tried going to the doctor and seeing if I had some kidney issues, because my back has been hurting. All they manage to find is some ovarian cysts, and of course, they want to do the ovarian cancer test to rule everything out. That does not make you feel too secure, especially, when a dear friend has been diagnosed with it in the last little bit. I was obviously relieved when that came back normal, too. Then [she|littlelamb] announces that she is pregnant again, and I have a momentary shudder, because I think about how tired I was when I was pregnant, especially in my 40's.

Finally, a simple blood test reveals that I am "just" anemic! Isn't it wonderful to get news like that? While I am a lover of babies and kids in general, I think my child-bearing years are hopefully over and I will leave having babies to [his|phoenixsong] generation! Grandkids will be a whole new thrill! :)

So I went to the drugstore and loaded up on some new and interesting vitamin supplements that are supposed to give me tons of energy. I will gratefully accept any change for the better. A home schooling mom---well, really any mom---does not have time to be tired.

One time, I took some stuff with chromium in it, and I felt the best I have in years. After a while, it seemed to stop working, but I am going to try it again.

I have to get pumped for Dad's heart surgery in December. Lord-willing, he is going to have a couple of bypasses and a valve put in on the 7th--Pearl Harbor Day. I am really excited that his heart is going to work right (hopefully) for the first time in his entire life. His dad had the same valve operation in 1976, and he is still going on that pig valve! It was supposed to be replaced again in 10 years, but there has been no need. Dad is going to get one of the bovine variety. Please keep him in your prayers as he mentally prepares for this challenge and goes thru the surgery.

Off to do the never-ending laundry around here.... Have a great day!

No comments: