Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Keeping the "Thanks" in Thanksgiving



Remember to keep the "Thanks" in Thanksgiving!
Have a great holiday, all!

I am Thankful For...
... the taxes I pay because it means that I'm employed.

... the clothes that fit a little too snugly because it means I have enough to eat.

... my shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine.

... a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.

... the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking.

... my huge heating bill because it means I am warm.

... all the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.

... the person behind me in church who sings off key because it means that I can hear.

... the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby.

... the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I'm alive.

... weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.

--author unknown

THE WORLD IS MINE

Today upon a bus I saw a lovely girl with golden hair.
I envied her; she seemed so happy - I wished I were as fair.
She had one leg, and wore a crutch - and as she passed- a smile.
Oh God, forgive me when I whine,
I have two legs, the World is Mine.

And then I stopped to buy some sweets, the lad who sold them had such charm,
I talked to him - he seemed so glad - if I were late 'twould do no harm,
And as I left he said to me: "I thank you, you have been so kind,
It's nice to talk with folks like you, you see," he said, "I'm blind."
Oh God, forgive me when I whine,
I have two eyes, the World is Mine.

Later, walking down the street, I saw a child with eyes of blue,
He stood and watched the others play, it seemed he knew not what to do.
I stopped a moment, then I said, "Why don't you join the others, dear?"
He looked ahead without a word, and then I knew he could not hear.
Oh God, forgive me when I whine,
I have two ears, the World is Mine.

With legs to take me where I go,
With eyes to see the sunset's glow,
With ears to hear what I should know...
Oh God, forgive me when I whine,
I'm blessed indeed. The World is Mine.
-- Author Unknown

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Happy Thanksgiving, girl!! I love you and your family...give 'em all hugs from us! :)