Thursday, February 09, 2006

Somebody put me back to bed.....

I'm so tired! This is one of those mornings where I would love to just be under my quilts dreaming the early hours of the a.m. away! Unfortunately, I have been up since the wee-wee hours of the night with my great-grandmother's genetic gift of insomnia. I get it honestly. It apparently comes from both sides of the family. I can remember when I was a little girl staying with my maternal grandparents, that I would wake up and my grandmother would be gone from the bedroom. I would get up and stumble into the den or kitchen, where I would find her doing something at all hours. She might be sewing or reading or catching up the tire shop's books. It never seemed to bother her much; it annoys the fire out of me!

So, at five this morning, I was up cutting my husband's hair, then doing a load of dishes, mopping the kitchen, fixing the girls some waffles, etc. Tim left early again. These 8 o'clock meetings are getting old. He has to get there early so that he can be sure that he is present at 8! Now how much sense does that make? I think that people who call meetings for 8 a.m. are just down right sick! How can the brain function properly at that time of the morning? I can see a meeting at 9 or 10, after one has downed a few dozen cups of coffee. Then one can be productive! But 8 a.m.?

I have noticed that these "morning people" have no sympathy for those of us who are NOT morning people. I just want to suggest sometimes that Tim call a meeting for, I don't know....say....midnight? Then we would see how productive they are!

The same goes for churches. I have noticed this trend where church is starting earlier and earlier all the time. When I was a girl, the earliest church started was 10 a.m. Now, people are backing the time up more and more (I think, so that they can fit golf games between the morning and evening services!) to where pretty soon I guess all of us will be having "sunrise services."

My brain does not get up until at least 10 a.m. I can't help it. I have tried everything to get my brain and body on the same schedule, but to no avail. I think when I had mono back in my teens that something shortcircuited, because it never has been the same since! I stay in a perpetual state of tired, and that gets old fast. I probably should take the advice of my doctor and have one of those sleep studies done, but everyone who does that ends up sleeping in a mask, and I don't know if I would like that or not!

At any rate, I think I am going back to bed for a spell. We got a slight dusting of snow last night--barely enough to coat the deck, but enough to pretend that we are "snowed in" and can't go out today! We'll break out the hot cocoa and cuddle up in blankets in front of a good movie tonight and the kids will never know that there is only a tenth of an inch on the ground!

No comments: