Thursday, February 02, 2006

Happy 45th Anniversary, Mom and Dad!




















Who would pick Groundhog Day as their Wedding Day?

You got it! My parents! On this day in 1961, they tied the knot! They then traveled up the road to the ritzy James K. Polk motel where they had a short honeymoon before they returned to work! 18 months later, I came along! That's another blog! Congratulations on 45 Wonderful Years, Mom and Dad!

(Update! After reading this, Mom decided to remind me of some other details of their wedding and honeymoon. She advises that they did not spend their entire honeymoon at the James K. Polk Motel! Instead, they went on to Memphis! In addition, she says they tried to hide their getaway car in the cemetery (Dad was a mortician at the time, so I guess he thought it would be quiet enough there!) but the bridesmaids and groomsmen got wise to them and followed them there! When Mom and Dad started their little VW bug, it spit shoe polish back on all the groomsmen, bridesmaids, and onlookers! My uncle's brand new suit got totally ruined.

My other uncle, the one who introduced my parents, slipped my dad a pill before the ceremony. He told him that it would help his nerves. Seeing that he was a preacher, my dad believed him. Instead, it was a pill that turns your urine red! By the next morning, my dad thought he was bleeding internally! My uncle and his cohorts had a great laugh out of that one!)

No comments: