Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Guess Where I Am?

I snuck out of town this week on a business trip with
Tim. I will give you 18 guesses as to where we are! (Big clue: Where did it rain 18 inches last night in 6 hours?) When we went to Chicago, it galed all week. I think I am a bad weather magnet! We are in Austin, where up to a foot more of rain is predicted tonight. I have to say, though, that last night, it looked like the hand of the Lord was at the Travis County border (Austin), and just one county over, homes were being swept away, along with automobiles, boats, and everything that was not nailed down. We were very fortunate. We did not get even a trace of rain. The weathermen could not explain it. It went all around us.

Still, the weather has been icky since we got here Sunday. The girls were disappointed we could not get out more, but they have enjoyed vegetating in the hotel room with me. We brought their dollhouse and furnishings which helped immensely.

I got to see my college roommate Sunday. More neat stories when I get back to my computer.

Tonight, even though we had heard of sporadic road closings, we got to church with no problems. Now, outside, the thunder is revving up again. We're leaving for home tomorrow, and I will try to pull some of this moisture with us to back to our drought-stricken home state. The guys who handled the all-night live coverage last night ( I am a sucker for weather stories that are out of the ordinary) said that nearly every drought ends with a flood. Tennessee, get your boats ready.

No comments: