Saturday, May 19, 2007

Banquets and Mother's Day and Graduations Galore!

This has to be the busiest month of the year any more! I think it has surpassed December for craziness. We have been trying to keep up with everything, and it seems sometimes like I am forgetting half of what I need to do. Organization is not my strong suit. Even though I started planning for Sam's graduation months ago, I am still sucking wind here at the end trying to tie off the loose ends.



Sam cleans up well! Micah got this picture of him before Banquet!


A group shot of some of the kids that went to Sam's Junior/Senior Banquet!


Sam had a wonderful time at his Junior/Senior Banquet with some of the kids from the 'Boro up the road from us. They went to a place that served "country cookin'" which Sam is not usually too fond of. However, he came home raving about this place. He said it was just awesome. After dinner, there was a jazz festival going on on the town square, so they all stopped off there and listened a while. Then, they went back to one of the kid's house and were joined by some other folks for hanging out and playing in the game room. It seems a fine time was had by all!

Two very tired Mothers!

The next big day was Mother's Day! Daniel had made it back from visiting Jenn's family in Georgia, and we traveled down to be with my Mom for the day. I wanted all day to take a picture of us together before we got out of our "church clothes," but it was so chaotic all day that we finally ended up snapping a picture late Sunday evening after we got home and our families gave us presents. I was given multiple boxes of sugar-free chocolates, a lovely candle, and a new memory card for my new digital camera so that it can hold mega numbers of pix! Needless to say, I felt pampered!



Daniel and Jennifer on his most recent trip to GA. They never seem to lack for good times!


Now, the countdown to graduation has started, and I am in panic mode. We drove out and found the place where graduation is going to be held for the homeschoolers in our little group, and it is a beautiful setting. It is nestled in some rolling hills, back in "the sticks!" I hope those that come won't get lost. Mental note to self---make good maps! I finished the slide show of Sam's pictures that will be played at graduation, and I am tickled pink that a dear preacher friend of ours is going to be the speaker of the evening. I still have to get food ordered for the reception, and I pray that the other lady who is in charge of some of the bigger items like caps and gowns has her ducks in a row! I am now starting on the Senior Table for Sam, collecting memorabilia for it and plastering a presentation board with photos.

Hopefully, 2 weeks from today, we will be having a graduation ceremony, and some neat memories will be made. Pictures, as always, will follow.

In the meantime, the stomach virus came, went, and seems to have come again. Sarah was the only one who had it two weeks ago, but now, all the boys have dropped with a somewhat milder version of it (they would say it is bad enough). Tim even seems to have succumbed. I guess I had better go check on the biggest babe of all! 'Til next time.....

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Y'all can't shake that stomach virus, can you? Ugh!!
It sounds like you stay VERY busy...are you at least going to get to rest a little this summer?
Love you!!