Thursday, July 21, 2005

Thursday Again....

I imagine that right now, a good 3/4 or more of the people in this country are all fussing about the heat! I would say that this has really been one of the cooler Tennessee summers that I can remember up until this last week or so. Now the temps are pushing into the dangerously high numbers, and it is supposed to hit 100 Sat. and Sunday now. That does not even touch the "feels like" numbers. It will probably feel like about 125 those days! I doubt the kids will even want to get into their Meme's pool this weekend, since they would just cook like little lobsters!

My, my, we have continued to be busy little bees lately. Both big boys successfully completed Driving School and now have only the paperwork to do before they can legally hit the roads. Daniel is off to preacher training up in Ellettsville, IN for two weeks and loving it, apparently. We talk by cell phone as he travels to dinner or between study sessions. He is doing o.k. and happy and well-fed.

Has anyone else felt extremely sore lately? I think it has to be all the rain. I think it has rained here some part of the day every day for about two weeks now. Tim and I are really feeling the aches and pains lately. So is my mother and my "other mother," a long-time family friend. Everyone says that they seem to be aching more than usual, so I am glad that it is not just me.

We also got word today that our friend Sandra, who was given a week to live on the 8th, is not only still living, but actually felt well enough yesterday to get up and go eat with some friends! Tell me that our God is not an awesome God! I talked to Sandra today, and of course, she is delighted that she has beaten the odds once again. Her liver is failing, and she has been told that there is not much more that (men) can do for her. God is a whole 'nother story, though! I pray that not only will she live to see the birth of her next grandchild in October or so, but that she will go on to live a long and full life! Please pray that for her, too!

God has answered a lot of prayers lately. Brother Alvin, the man I told you about with mouth cancer, has made it through his rough treatments and is doing lots better. He has been able to return to most if not all of the church services lately. Sister Tina, with breast cancer, has just breezed right through a double mastectomy and chemotherapy, and now she will be starting radiation soon. She and Bro. Alvin are such inspirations, because they have hardly missed a service unless they were hospitalized or something serious like that. It should make those who miss for a headache feel a little funny....

I have some fairly exciting news to share, but I am going to keep you in suspense for a few more days at least. I will tell you that I am NOT pregnant! In fact, I am going to have to cancel my elective surgery at the end of this month and move it off til September so that I can tend to the details of the other "good news" event. It is not a totally done deal yet, and I don't want to jinx it, so I'll just be quiet for now, and I will let you in on it when it is safe. It may not pan out, but if it does, it will be a really neat thing in my life!

Later, all, and stay cool!

1 comment:

k8 said...

i'm dyin here woman. what is it????????????