Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My Baby is Four!



This weekend marked the 4th Birthday of Hannah! It was a busy weekend, between the birthday festivities and a Halloween party with the group from church! On Saturday evening, we went to the very high hills of the next county, to a clearing atop one of the high hills, for the party. One of our members has cleared some land on the top of that hill and put in some fun things for his grandchildren to play on. There is a lighted putt-putt golf course, a tree house, swings, cable lines to go down, and a very nice spot for a campfire. We roasted hotdogs, had hot chocolate, and let the kids do some early trick-or-treating, since everyone will be at church on Wednesday night.

After dinner, it was off to the "haunted" barn and trail that led up to the barn. It was a good long hike, and I could not help but think how it must have been for soldiers during the Civil War, making their way through the woods in the pitch black darkness. It was cold and wet, and that campfire felt great when we got back to it. The haunted barn nearly scared the life out of Hannah. I had no idea she would get so scared, or I would not have let her go in there. I gave her the choice to stay outside with some others who were not going in, and she opted to go. I thought she would have nightmares that night, but I guess she was too tired.

We had a great time, and we did not want to leave, but we all knew that church came early at 8:30 the next morning. Plus, all our young men had sermons to give in a special class they have been doing, so we needed to get back and make the final preparations for that.

Sunday, after church, we came home, made dinner, and had Hannah's cake and presents. She wanted to do it while her brother Daniel was here. Since he had to go back to college that afternoon, we had to hustle and get through the party. She loved everything she got, and fortunately, she does not take a lot of sleep to be in a good mood. She smiled greatly for the pictures!

I can't believe how the years get away. It seems so short since I was making the uncomfortable ride up to the "Boro" to give birth to her! I am just glad it is now instead of then! I would love to have her back as a baby for at least a month, because it seems like I missed out on so much of her first few weeks. She is still a beauty, and she keeps me in stitches all the time with what she says. Enjoy the pictures!

No comments: