Saturday, September 02, 2006

Boy, Do I Ever Need to Update!


This is a wild time of year. Kids are getting back in school! The National Horse Show for a particular breed is held in our town, bringing thousands into our usually-sleepy little community. Now, it is officially end-of-summer time.

I can't say I will miss the oppressive heat we have had this year. I am so ready for fall. Now, I just pray that we have one. Sometimes, especially lately, we skip it and go straight to winter. I hope that does not happen this year.

Tim is already up in bed, sleeping blissfully. I kid him about the nights he gets more than 6 or 7 hours of sleep. He is usually so over-charged that he is practically unbearable with his "Yankee" humor. Some would call it "being cheesey." Yes, we have to keep him sleep-deprived, so that he is mellow and somewhat unresponsive. LOL!

I won't get to bed for a while yet. There is too much to do to get ready for the weekend. I'm looking forward to some away-time. It will be a while before we get more. Then, our home school starts, and we have a challenging year on tap. I will have a first-grader, a seventh-grader, and a senior. We have tons to do.

But first comes Labor Day---and I am not going to fall for the tricks of my Uncle who used to fool his kids into thinking it was a day you worked your head off around the house and yard. His poor kids did not know until they hit the real world what Labor Day really was!

Ya'll have a good one, and try to stay dry!

No comments: