Monday, April 25, 2005

Puke Bug, Move Over!

Well, it seems like Puke Bug, as my friend Jennifer affectionately named the vomiting virus that has racked our little area of the country this winter, has left the building, (knock on a big piece of wood.) However, Mr. Cough Bug has moved in and left us with a miserable week and weekend last week.

Tim and Sam were the only ones who felt like getting out Sunday for services. The boys have missed more school, and I am anxious to see if this is going to adversely affect them. Hopefully Tuesday will see everyone back where he or she belongs.

Hannah and Sarah are still coughing, having gotten Micah's ailment, so we had to postpone Sarah's dental work yet one more week. They said they cannot work on a coughing child. I guess I can understand that. I am just really anxious to get Sam and Sarah through all their reconstruction so that we don't spend our lives at appointments. It gets tiring really quick.

Life is moving as quickly as ever...Daniel leaves for senior trip in about a week, we think. His school never gets in a hurry to inform us about much of anything, so right now I don't have a clue how much it is costing, the itenerary, or even the dates of the trip. I think they are taking a somewhat educational trip through some of the sites of early America--the colonies and all---and going to Washington. Daniel was not really thrilled when he heard where they were going, but then where else is there to go? I mean you can go to Florida and see Sodom and Gomorrah in living color, or you can go to the Grand Canyon. There is probably less to do overall out west, so I guess that is why the administration chose this trip. I just hope they have a good time and stay safe.

It is a full moon outside again, and there are a lot of people that we know dying this week, it seems. Mom called tonight to inform me that an old family friend and our former Veteranarian back in my hometown passed away, along with a judge and a former neighbor. My sister-in-law called today and said that at least I had not had as bad a week as a friend of hers last week who lost her step-dad of 20+ years on Monday to leukemia, and then the friend's mother died on Wednesday of a massive heart attack! My L'burg relations said that they will be in the same funeral home Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of this week. That's sure not a pleasant way to spend a week. My heart goes out to all of them. The former neighbor was on the same floor as my grandmother at the hospital last fall when we lost her. He was having complications from lung cancer then, and he has suffered until now.

This week has got to get better and cheerier! I am depressing myself here!

The weather here has been very cold and windy these last few days, for all my hundreds of far-away readers! :) I think that has not helped us any with these coughs! So you can see why we are so ready for the warmth of Spring. I am ready to go get some flowers and plant them. Sarah loves to work outside in the flowers, as long as the bees stay away. We have these mean and nasty wasps and bees that like it around here because of the pool, I suppose. At any rate, one nasty bee seems to guard around the front door, and one guards around the back. We never get much done for the critters! We are going to have to find a way to drive them off for good. If anyone knows any good ways, let me know!

Where has April gone? Does anyone know? Here it is at May, and my baby graduates in June, and I am not ready! We have got a lot to do. Each senior sets up a senior table at the graduation ceremonies, so I have to get planning and get Daniel's picutes and clippings out from his early years! I have a big presentation board to decorate, and about a month to do it! I am not going to procrastinate on this one.

Well, that is about all the news that is news here in Gravy-Land. Hopefully, I will have some happier stuff to write about in the coming days.

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments: